A large 40-year-old mid-Western foundry was experiencing significant downtime and prolonged mean time to repair control system elements due to obsolescence and uncoordinated HMI strategy. They invited Revere to participate in a lean event using Revere subject matter expertise to advise on production risks related to automation. A major production risk was identified and characterized as a project for the next fiscal year. Executive management required that the project be accelerated for implementation over an 8-week period in the current fiscal year.
Description of Services Provided:
- Site assessment and documentation
- Scope development to replace:
- 7 control panels
- 1000 I/O and implement new server-based HMI platform
- Developed complete engineering package
- Consolidated multiple SLC processors into a ControlLogix design minimizing controllers
- Designed and deployed FactoryTalk® View SE server system
- Built 7 new control panels
- Implemented new BMS controls
- Conducted factory acceptance testing
- Implemented new Ethernet TCP/IP control design
Revere completed the design and shipped the system to customer site only 8 weeks after the project commenced. Operations resumed at full capacity after a 2-week holiday outage to install and commission the system. Production throughout was achieved immediately and after several months of operation, a significant reduction in downtime and MTTR was accomplished.