This electrical upgrade project was critical for an aging Tennessee limestone plant to both stabilize crushing processes and meet modern electrical safety standards. Updating their plant power feed and equipment would be instrumental in gaining efficiencies and productivity. In addition, the aging plant was at risk for accidents and regulatory challenges from governmental agencies.
Description of Services Provided:
- Conducted front-end engineering design study to develop scope of work for Plant Modernization to cover multiple areas of plant to feed new 13.8kV/480V transformer
- Worked with local utilities to bring power into other side of plant to alleviate overhead wiring
- Provided project management, engineering, full supervision, installation & automation work
- Designed and installed Wonderware Visualization SCADA package
- Rockwell Automation ControlLogix controls
- New Rockwell Intellicenter MCCs
- ABB Soft Starters and variable speed drives
- Connected new power feed cables
- Implemented PLC panel work
- Conducted FAT testing
For this design-build project, Revere’s project manager worked in unison with client’s corporate Senior Project Manager and local Project Manager to ensure that critical cutover dates were met, and the plant was in production on time every time. Managing fall/winter weather issues was important, as was having all project pieces technically accurate. The client stated they were pleased with the quality of Revere’s work and deemed the project a success.