The project included recommissioning and modernizing controls for (2) 300’ long production lines that had been idle for several years. It was necessary to upgrade the 1200 I/O PLC controls from a TI 555 platform to ControlLogix on each line. In addition, the system would require safety enhancements and new servo motion control to increase yield. The project required a single supplier for the system integration and electrical construction services needed to modernize and commission the new system.
Description of Services Provided:
- System audit and front-end engineering & design
- Project management and schedule development
- Design and implementation of safety zone control
- Design and implementation of Rockwell Automation ControlLogix
- Implement new control panels
- Replace hydraulics with electric servo motor control and safety
- Implement new VFDs with safety
- Industrial network design using TCP/IP/DLR/Stratix design
- Integration of new control platform into the Wonderware HMI platform
- Installation services using RevGen design tools and Status Tracker
- Start-up commissioning and standby service
The project achieved operation objectives for increased capacity, improved yield and safety. The implementation and start-up schedule were achieved and the customer’s ROI objectives were realized and exceeded.