This town contracted with Revere for a Water Treatment Facility Control System Upgrade project. This included designing and installing PLC Control Panels, PLC/HMI Programming, Factory/Field Testing, Electrical Installation Services, Panel Modifications, Startup and Commissioning Services, and owner training.
Description of Services Provided:
- Designed and installed new PLC Control Panels using the Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC Platform for:
- Main Ozone Control Panel
- Five (5) Filter PLC Panels
- Replaced existing Allen Bradley PLC-5 hardware with Allen Bradley ControlLogix hardware for the following control panels:
- Administration Building PLC Panel
- Hypochlorite Building PLC Panel
- Chemical Building PLC Panel
- Sludge Building PLC Panel
- Ozone Generator PLC Panels
- Ozone Destruct PLC Panels
- Centrifuge PLC Panel
- Finished Water Building PLC Panel
- Electrical Building PLC Panel
- SuperPulsator PLC Panel
- Raw Water Pump Station PLC Panel
- Installed, terminated and tested the fiber optic cable and CAT6 cable for the entire network system. The SCADA Network consists of two (2) separate aspects including a PLC segment and an HMI segment. The network design and implementation allowed for limiting communication traffic on the PLC network while at the same provided a level of security to protect the plant process from the outside world or everyday computer activities.
- Developed software including the PLC Programming using Rockwell Software RSLogix5000 and converting the GE iFix HMI Application to a Wonderware ArchestrA System Platform Application.
- Performed two (2) Factory Acceptance Tests
- One for the Ozone Control System including the Control Panels and local Operator Interface Terminals and
- One for the Main Plant Control System including the Control Panels, PLC Hardware Upgrades and HMI Application.
- Installed control system for one process area at a time beginning with the Ozone System. Revere worked closely with the Plant Operations Staff during the installation, startup and commissioning phase to insure proper plant operations, minimal downtime of key process equipment and thorough testing of the system.